Re: [SIKKERHED] Annoncere hvilket OS der køres

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:56:33AM +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Der er desvære protokoller der kræver at man gør tydeligt opmærksom
> på hvilke versioner af protokollen serveren er villig til at
> snakke. Det burde forbydes.

Well, there clearly needs to be some sort of protocol version
negotiation, if the two parts are going to speak same version of the
protocol, and understand each other. Since this understanding has to be
reached sooner or later in the handshake, nothing much is gained by not
announcing it immediately!

Note that I do not speak of program version here, but protocol version.

-Heikki

--
Heikki Levanto    heikki at indexdata dot dk   "In Murphy We Turst"

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2005-08-10, 20:47 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]