Re: [MOEDE] Rapport om brovandring - engelsk udgave

Nick:

> Report on SSLUG's trip on the Øresund Bridge
> Saturday June 10th, 2000
>
> Being the oldest IT-group spanning the Øresund, it was perfectly

s/the Øresund/Øresund/

> normal for the SSLUG to celebrate the opening of the Øresund Bridge, the
> first fixed link between the regions of Skåne and Sjælland.
>
> We celebrated the opening by walking on the bridge - the Danes from
> Copenhagen and the Swedes from Malmoe - and by meeting at the middle of the
> bridge and setting up a network of four PC's connected together as a
> symbol for the fixed link.
>
> We started from Copenhagen at 10 am. Actually this was our intention. But
> due to some circumstances beyond our control - the busstop was a good
> distance from our meeting point at the Copenhagen Main Station, we were
> more than 10 people who had to find each other, and the bus departures were
> (mildly said) chaotic - we could not reach the bridge until 11.05 am.
> However we managed to keep our good mood - the penguins included.
>
> Tux's huge cousin dominated the ceremony grounds on the Peberholm island -
> and was bearing an ad for Penguin liquorice. But he was cute nevertheless.
>
> We started our trek on the bridge, hauling Grand-Tux together with our
> laptops, backpacks, food and drinks on a cart.
>
> Morten Poulsen from Fyn GNU/Linux User Group (FLUG) represented the FLUG
> at the opening of the bridge, as the bridge opens a direct route between
> Fyn and Skåne and replaces the long winding route through Finland - the
> homeland of Linus Torvalds.
>
> Just as we started the Swedes called and told us that they had arrived at
> the middle of the bridge...
>
> They had started on time, but we couldn't do anyting about that...
> Fortunately they waited for us. Skåne natives are known for their
> patience... After a while we met at the following coordinates:

s/following coordinates/coordinates/

>  N 55°34'32.5"
>  E 12°49'32.2"
>
> ...at about 100 m from the middle of the bridge, where SSLUG had been

s/at about/about/

> given a free booth.
>
> Here the SSLUG members held the customary ceremonial photo session and
> then the Danish and Swedish members exchanged gifts. The Swedes got a
> pilsner beer bottle from the Danes and gave a bottle of Ramløse mineral water in
> exchange. The main dish on the menu was salted herring, so that the
> penguins could enjoy it too.
>
> Denmark and Sweden were connected for the first time by a landbased
> computer network when we set a network up with a battery-powered 8-port
> hub and our laptops fitted with network interfaces.
>
> A lot of people stopped at the SSLUG's booth on the bridge to ask
> questions about Linux. Tux was recognized by many and conquered the hearts
> of many bypassers.
>
> We stayed on the middle of the bridge for a few hours, then most Danes
> returned to Copenhagen, while the Swedes went back to Skåne. Four Danes
> however went to Sweden, just to buy an icecream before returning - a trip of
> about 20 km. Tux made many new friends on the way.
>
> As the fixed link between Skåne and Sjælland is now a reality, SSLUG has
> become more powerful and united than ever before.
>
> See pictures from the trip on:
> http://www.sslug.dk/moede/hygge/2000-06-10/pix/index.php?lang=en

Og lad os så få det afsted.

Jacob
--
"Any, sufficiently advanced, technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2005-08-10, 20:26 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]