Invitation to an event in Rome, 23 Oct, Italy

Dear people from SSLUG,

Sorry for the english, I no you prefer scandinavian languages but I'm
not yet so much into those...

I am an italian guy who spent some years of his life to spread open
source and free software phylosophy back in Italy.

I am founder and member of a Linux User Group in Rome, called LSLug [1].

In Italy we have a yearly event called Linux Day [2], every group of
linux geeks in each city organizes the event as they wish with the
minimum national coordination.

This year is the 10th anniversary of the event and I would like to
invite some of you in Rome as my friends are organizing it [3].

With this email I'm searching for someone who would like to come as a
speaker, and maybe telling us the story of a very old LUG as yours is.

Our association is a voluntary one, so we don't really have money to pay
for you to come, but we might find a way to let you sleep for free in
Rome in the days around the date of the event, which is the 23rd of October.

Also, talks about subjects related to linux and experiences in the
company world would be greatly appreciated, as Italy is very slow in the
process of accepting linux and open source as a true alternative to
small and medium companies.

The call for papers [4] is already online since May but I didn't have
the time to write you before; anyway we'll try to reserve some slots to
international talks as it would be the first time ever to have
international speakers at a Linux Day in Rome.

Deadline is around the end of august but it's not so strict, so if you
have ideas and you fancy a weekend in Rome in october maybe you should
give it a chance. Abstracts and other stuff can be sent to me or to the
address given in the CFP.

I spoke with some of you and it was a really interesting meeting,
looking forward to see some others around, maybe one of those wednesday...

feel free to contact me via IM. Details in my signature.

Vänliga Hälsingar / Venlig Hilsen
--
bjaast(Florido Paganelli)
## IM I'm on :) ###############################

[1] La Sapienza Linux User Group (LSLug)
    official site
    http://www.ls-lug.org/

[2] Linux Day 2010
    official national site:
    http://www.linuxday.it/

[3] Linux Day 2010 Roma
    official site
    http://www.linuxdayroma.it/

[4] Call For Papers Linux Day 2010 Roma

http://www.ls-lug.org/wordpress/blog/2010/07/ld10-roma-call-for-papers-english-version/

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2010-08-01, 02:01 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]