problem: cvs2html under cron

Hi.

Before describing my problem, I want to thank the creators of
cvs2html.  It's a good idea and very well done.

My difficulty: I have a perl script called htmlcron that runs
cvs2html on a large CVS repository.  If I invoke htmlcron from the
command line, cvs2html runs fine.  But when htmlcron is invoked by
cron, cvs2html fails to produce many <name>__rf.html files.  Here's
some examples:

htmlcron invoked directly:

    r210v205/r2__lfu.html
    r210v205/r2__rf.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks_ABCTest__lfu.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks_ABCTest__rf.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks_Acoustic2d.html

htmlcron run under cron:

    r210v205/r2__lfu.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks_ABCTest__lfu.html
    r210v205/r2_benchmarks_Acoustic2d.html

Some __rf.html files do get generated under cron, but not all that should be.

I imagine that the problem has to do with the impoverished
environment that cron jobs inherit, but I don't see anything in
cvs2html's code that looks suspicious.

Any thoughts?

Graham Mark
CIC-12
Scientific Software Engineering
Los Alamos National Laboratory
505.667.8147

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2005-08-10, 20:49 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]